Do You Need Asset Investigation Services?
Call Our Asset Investigators Today
There are a number of reasons you might need to do a thorough asset investigation of someone’s assets and provide a financial profile. Whether you are investigating information about the defendant in a civil court case or initiating a business partnership, an asset check can give you the knowledge to take the right step forward.
What Is an Asset Search?
The purpose of an asset search is to determine the total assets of an individual or business entity. Depending on the goal of your asset investigation, these searches can uncover valuable information you need to move forward with a claim or case.
Why Do I Need to Conduct an Asset Investigation?
An asset investigation may be necessary in a variety of situations. A few examples include:
- Pre-litigation. You may want to conduct an asset check during the pre-litigation phase of a claim or case. An investigation into the subject’s assets may give you insight on whether the case is even worth pursuing.
- Civil cases. You can use asset investigation services for family law civil cases, such as child support or spousal support cases. An asset search can also be used in estate/probate cases to locate any assets the deceased person did not document well.
- Bankruptcy cases. An asset check can verify that the assets disclosed in a bankruptcy case are accurate.
- Judgment recovery. If you win a judgment in court, you want to know that the defendant has the means to pay you and where to levy their assets.
You may also want to use an asset check when investing in a property or business. An asset search can ensure that the business is legitimate and is worth what it claims to be worth.
How Does an Asset Investigation Work?
Asset investigations differ depending on why it is needed. An asset investigation may combine multiple departments from our business. It may include:
Many of our clients ask for civil or criminal background checks alongside an asset investigation. We offer comprehensive background checks too. Please feel free to call our office for more information.
What Assets Can You Find in an Asset Investigation?
At Bosco Legal Services, Inc., our asset investigators have more than 25 years of experience. This experience has taught us how to look beyond the obvious to locate assets.
We can find virtually any type of individual or commercial asset. It does not matter if its property, vehicles, bank accounts or investment accounts that you need, we can find them. For example, we are able to find the following assets:
- Bank accounts. We provide statewide and nationwide bank account search services. Our bank account search can find financial accounts in the subject’s name, hidden accounts and safety deposit boxes. We offer both basic and comprehensive search options depending on your needs.
- Brokerage accounts. This includes investment accounts, including stock accounts, 401k and IRAs held by brokerages.
- Real estate properties. We can find local, national, and international properties. This includes business ownership and affiliations.
- Personal property. This includes motor vehicles, jewelry, art and more.
- Intellectual property. We can find patents, trademarks and copyright information.
Are Asset Searches Legal?
Our asset investigators follow the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the Dodd-Frank Act. There is no pretext involved and all information that we provide to you is in compliance with these laws.
Keep in mind that there are legal and illegal ways to conduct bank account searches. When choosing a company for your bank account search, you want to make sure that they comply with all state and federal laws.